Wednesday, September 5, 2007

So much to learn

The first day of school was a smashing success for my first grader, my seventh grader starts today(hopefully without incident), and my third grader starts tomorrow.

My middle child is going to a new charter school this year. We decided to move him when his class size reached thirty five, with no teachers aide. There is nothing heavier than having to make a decision that could irreparably affect your child's future. I have spent many sleepless nights trying to convince myself that this is the right decision. At this point I'm almost sure.

My classes start at the end of the month. I am taking two this semester, which is my limit because I am paying for them myself. I 'm really excited about my Women's Literature class. When I was younger, literature gave me a feeling similar to falling in love. I am hoping to find a way to rekindle that flame. Every once in a while I have a very brief glimpse of it. Am I still capable of feeling that way? Was it just a part of a particular place and time? Can I find it again in wildly different circumstances, minus the Marlboro's and beautiful boys?

No comments:

About Me

Gresham, Oregon
I am a thirty three year old mother of three. After many many years of being a stay at home mom I am beginning the process of sorting out what I want to do with my life.