Thursday, September 20, 2007

Carly Simon and cookies

It is a typical fall day here in Oregon. It's the kind of day that makes me want to listen to Carly Simon and bake cookies, and that's just what I did. My morning was filled with soccer but the weird thing is that I actually enjoy being out on the soccer field once the sky turns gray and the wind blows a little. I even got to wear a sweater, it's the little things that make me happy. Every fall I seem to get really introspective. I think something automatically happens in my brain when the light starts to change. I love fall light. It is like having flattering dressing room light all the time. I have had a couple of weeks of heavy introspection and I think it is time to get on with it. My new and exciting classes ended up falling through so I'm going to spend the next few months trying to find my creative self. I am going to focus less on the wild search to figure out what I want to do and focus on what I already am. I have so many blessings in my life that I should be happy about. I have been married for nine years to a wonderful man who really really loves me. I have three beautiful healthy children who make me laugh every day. I don't HAVE to get a job and help support our family. I can spend a Saturday afternoon baking craisen, apple oatmeal cookies and singing "One who is touched by the sun" at the top of my lungs while my daughter dances with a pointy witch hat on. My life is good and I am a smart creative woman, today I'm going to leave it at that.

No comments:

About Me

Gresham, Oregon
I am a thirty three year old mother of three. After many many years of being a stay at home mom I am beginning the process of sorting out what I want to do with my life.