Monday, September 10, 2007

I have to leave the house by 8am every morning to get my kids to school. This morning when I started the car I heard a familiar tune coming from the radio. It was the Smiths and I instantly felt 15 again, even as I drove and talked to my 8 year old. The next song was the Cure and I rebelliously sang a long as I waited in the car pool line. It was so strange to hear these two songs that were a soundtrack to my freshman year in high school. It was nice to be reminded of that girl I was. I really miss her.

I still haven't found a way to reconcile the woman I have become with the girl I was. I shouldn't have to give up all the things that were really awesome about her just because I am a mother, should I?

I know that she is somewhere deep inside of me. I am determined to learn how to coax her out.

No comments:

About Me

Gresham, Oregon
I am a thirty three year old mother of three. After many many years of being a stay at home mom I am beginning the process of sorting out what I want to do with my life.