Friday, September 7, 2007

I AM NOT A SOCCER MOM!!

Now that the kids have all safely started school it is time for the annual torture that is soccer season. I am actually happy that my kids are active, the two youngest absolutely love soccer. Every once in a while going and watching them play gives me a little pleasure, but most of the time I want to throw up.



I AM NOT A SOCCER MOM!!! Some of the parents are very nice and truly good people. Then there are the soccer moms in their Cadalliac Escalades and Land Rovers. They have freshly dyed hair and professionally done nails(toes included). They come to the soccer field in three inch heels and pencil skirts and complain that the coach isn't making enough progress with their children. These women are like aliens to me. I really dislike having to be near them.


Fall is actually my favorite time of year. I love everything about it. Sweater weather, turning leaves, apples, butternut squash, pumpkins, and days when it gets dark at 5:00. Heaven to me is fall in New England. There is nothing like the first morning when the puddles are frozen over and the trees are filled with red and bright yellow leaves. Fall in Oregon is a little grayer and wetter. I live in the city which really sucks, but if I take a drive ten minutes towards the mountains I can find the magic of fall. So, tomorrow when the soccer season officially starts, I'll set my sights on that day when it's all over. The day when I drive into the mountains and feel the chill of fall, smell the wood burning in the stoves, and connect with whatever it is in me that loves being alive.

No comments:

About Me

Gresham, Oregon
I am a thirty three year old mother of three. After many many years of being a stay at home mom I am beginning the process of sorting out what I want to do with my life.