Saturday, September 8, 2007

Strong Is Your Hold

Having grit my teeth through three hours of soccer this morning I was excited to get home. I fed the kids lunch and sent one down to play on the computer, one on a bike ride and one out into the backyard with the dog. I vacuumed the dog hair off the living room floor, (yes he's shedding AGAIN!!) and went outside to check the mail. Inside my mailbox was one of my favorite sights, a book size package from Amazon.com. My absolutely wonderful sister has sent me a copy of Galway Kinnells "Strong Is Your Hold". I have had a love affair with this book for many months now. There is one copy at the Borders near my house and every time I'm able to go without kids I buy a cup of coffee and read it again.

So, in honor of the absolutely beautiful day here in Oregon, I'm going to lay on my couch with my feet up and read poetry this afternoon. Thanks L! Love you!

No comments:

About Me

Gresham, Oregon
I am a thirty three year old mother of three. After many many years of being a stay at home mom I am beginning the process of sorting out what I want to do with my life.